9:30 AM

A Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich and My Dreams!


Listening to talk radio this morning I was reminded of what it was like to be a kid. You remember don't you? Life seems to have a way of making you forget.

When we were kids

  • Summer lasted forever
  • Christmas took forever to come
  • We believed in happy endings
  • We believed in the good of others
  • We believed we could be anything we wanted when we grew up
As adults
  • Summer is just another season
  • Christmas comes too soon and cost too much
  • Happy endings are only for movies
  • Good disappeared
  • And we settled for what we were instead of what we could be
Today I encourage you to think like a child again. Dream again. Take a chance on life. Go for purpose. Go for destiny. I love the story of Joseph, especially chapter 42 verse 9 where it says "Then he remembered his dreams..."

So go right now. Eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and dream again!

Dreaming!

- Brandon

4 comments:

Mitchell Capps said...

I still can't decide if I loved my childhood or hated it. I'm more of a kid now than I was when I was a little fella. It's good to look at what things were supposed to be when I was a kid (and I don't want to over exaggerate for the most part they were) so I can go crazy with them now. I'm off to eat some PB&J (You would do one about Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pastor Brandon and Jen).

Amber said...

You know I actually read this when you wrote it and I had a pb&j sandwich with lettuce and ranch dressing for dinner that night. I got stares at the dinner table, but it was good! And I felt like a kid. But I also agree with Mitch about being more childish now that I'm older.

Brandon Matthews said...

Interesting snack Amber! Thanks for reading though! :-)

Amber said...

Anytime PB! :]